Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

May your blessings outnumber
the shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
wherever you go!

Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

Ah, St. Paddy's Day....I look forward to it every year because my Mom corns her own brisket and it is delish!!!

Anyway...I've been avoiding posting my latest floral class creation because I was missing one flower and it wasn't complete without it. I even managed to go into Michael's and buy just one stem in order to finish it up. (Okay, I fibbed-2 stems-I couldn't decide which one would match, so I bought them both.) So, here you have it...my grapevine wreath, now gracing our front door! Mostly I'm proud of myself for using pink stems. Pink and I do not get along very well. I find it hard to incorporate into my creations.

And finally I can share with you the commissioned piece I mentioned in a post way back in early February. I finally managed to find a block of time to just sit down and create it. At one point, about 3 weeks ago, I had started working on it from a sketch I had made of what I thought it should look like. Bad idea. I hated it so much that I ripped it apart. Today, I just went with the creative muse that was wafting around the room and created the design shown here. The future owner had asked for a new Spring centerpiece for her dining room table, done in blues & mauves, with oriental accents. I used mauve & blue hydrangeas, deep mauve flowers (no idea what those are but the color was perfect), lotus blossoms, willow twigs, white cherry blossoms and bamboo leaves. I wish the picture had turned out better because you can't see the depth and dimension in this piece at all. :(

In other crafty news, I'm working on a painted pillar candle holder that is made from a 6-inch terra cotta rose pot and a 4-inch matching saucer. I saw the design on the cover of Quick & Easy Painting magazine and of course said, "I can make that!" Stay tuned for the finished product.... I'm about half way finished already!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

If I didn't tell you before, I meant too....love your newest pieces of art! The green door really pulls out the color in your wreath beautifully!

Hey, could you send your addy and blog link to sgswaps@hotmail.com so we can add it to the spread sheet? :) Please and thank you friend. Thank you for joining in again!!

ME

3/28/07, 12:16 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

It's lovely! I like the way the pink looks against the green door. It really stands out. I am terribly with silk flowers! (and real ones for that matter) all you'll find in my house are those red berry vines, I just toss them on top of things!

3/28/07, 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger