Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Crappy Day Becomes Happy Day

There are days when I really wonder about myself. Today, of course, was one of them. I'll spare you the details but I did not cope very well with how my work day developed at the office. It started when I got a LOT of ink all over the sleeve of one of my best sweaters. One of my co-workers came to the rescue...hairspray removes ink. I never would have guessed that. Anyway, it got worse from there......

(leaving this part to your imagination, mostly because I don't want to revisit it)

.....until I left for the day and headed off to my floral design class at the local community college. I have the privilege of learning from a well-known local freelance floral designer named Carl Klabbatz who has worked with a whole slew of designers over his 34 year career. His work stands out and is fantastic! Every so often he teaches this class. In the past, I've not been able to enroll due to time issues. But finally, I'm there and I've already learned a TON of things from him. The photo in this post is from the arrangement I created tonight. Carl said I did "very, very well." I'm thrilled!!! There's hope for me yet!

This arrangement is a little more formal than I intended and it won't work in my house, so this one is off to the salon where I sell my stuff this Saturday!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

Disregard the comment I just emailed you...lol..found your pic :)

I love the design, and I'm so jealous you are taking a class to enhance your talents, I really wish I "could" would do that...I can I just haven't yet...like you mostly due to time constraints.

About the day at the office, don't beat yourself up....if you could here what was going on in my "head", you wouldn't think I coped very well across the floor from you either! LOL I'll spare you the details of what my head was saying other than you'd think my mouth needs soap had you "heard" me ;)

Anyway...I love your flickr photos, too...you do such unique work and your florals really stand out from the masses. I can't wait for your store to open ;) Don't forget, I get to be your door greeter and pt cashier. You'll probably be out on Broad St before me anyway!

See ya in the AM.
lucy

2/20/07, 11:07 PM  
Blogger Shirlee said...

Your floral class sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats on getting good comments from the instructor. :)

2/22/07, 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger