Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pink & Brown Goodness

Oh stop, wait a minute Mr. Postman......

My pink & brown goodie box arrived Friday, full of swappy goodness! My buddy was Claire over at Little Lovelies and she took good care of me :) I love, Love, LOVE the thrifted pink vase! Ever so cute! On the right is a "Twelve Days of Christmas" quilling kit she thrifted and although it's not pink or brown, I had told Claire I wanted to try quilling. She must be clairvoyant (no pun intended LOL) to send me that kit now... it will take me all year to make the ornaments for next Christmas! She also sent a huge pink & brown coffee mug...perfect as I'm a java junkie...lots of ribbon, chocolate, hair clips, scrapbooking embellishments, crafty cupcakes, a Valentine's heart garland, notecards and 2 of her adorable heart button ornaments! And she snuck some blue stuff in too...fabric with a star print and lots of buttons and other embellishments. Claire, I love my stuff! Thank you!!!!!!!!

On the left is a snap of what I sent to Claire. Beads, embroidery floss, hot chocolate, dark chocolate, balsam fir scented mug mats & hot pads, rubber duckies for her 2 sweet munchkins, a bookmark, a notepad, and a thrifted ceramic watering can.

This was my very first swap and I have to admit that I was nervous about it...wondering if I found and made the right stuff. In the end, I really enjoyed participating in this swap and seeing all the great things that everyone sent over at the Pink & Brown Flickr site! We are all marvelously talented!!!!!!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

WOW! Lucky you, and even better it came on a Friday after a long day--week at work! Total Pink and Brown Goodness!! I love the mug...do not leave it unattended you know where....lol..it might get missing!

You're package you sent was fab fab fab, too. I love the fabric of your crafted items, and the idea of putting balsam fir in it was great. Where did you get it from?

Watering can is too cute.

I'm glad your first swap was a good one, I think swapping is a great way to meet people who have similiar interests as well as a way keeping the creative juices flowing in a fun and rewarding way.

:)

lucy

3/4/07, 1:01 PM  
Blogger Mizfixit said...

I had seen hot pads & coiled mug mats filled with balsam fir when I was in Bar Harbor a few years ago and decided to recreate them for the swap. They smell so fresh and heavenly!!! I've got to order more balsam fir 'cuz now Mom wants me to make her some too!

3/4/07, 1:32 PM  
Blogger Shirlee said...

I have to admit that participating in a swap is intimidating to me but I do enjoy seeing what everyone sent to each other. :)

3/6/07, 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger