Tuesday, March 06, 2007

And then there were FRONDS!

Tuesdays are fast becoming my favorite day of the week! Unfortunately, there are only 2 more of my floral design classes left to go....waaaaaaaaaah!!!! Going forward, I guess I'll just have to set aside Tuesday nights strictly for frondy fun. Hey! That's not a bad idea at all!
Tonight was foliage night and I came up with this kooky arrangement. It's hard to tell what's going on from the picture, but I used 3 kinds of ferns (I adore ferns!), poppy pods, grape leaves and some marvelous bendy grapevine (if you look closely, you'll see the dark coils meandering around). Since my approach last week worked so well, I went zipping through my craft room quickly again and made quick stem selections. I mentioned this approach to the teacher and he said it's really the best way to do it because the designs flow better and are not so cookie cutter-ish or constructed. The trick is to make it all look like it grew that way naturally! Did I mention that I'm having entirely too much fun??? Is it next Tuesday yet?? LOL

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

Cool Beans Frond :)

I love your new design, it's a shame you don't have a storefront now to showcase them in. Maybe you can bring them to work to lovely it up a bit. It needs it ;) LOL

Seriously, I think YOU SHOULD keep your Tuesday nite date with yourself after class ends. I know I work better when I have a schedule or a routine to go by, and I know you do too...so maybe we should make Tuesday nites our Tuesday Create Nites and keep up the craftiness.

Thanks for sharing your assignment with us!

lucy

3/7/07, 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger