Sunday, April 08, 2007

We are Siamese, if you please...

Although I consider myself thrift & vintage challenged, I have to admit that if I saw these 2 lovelies in a store they would definitely have to come home with me!

This Shafford salt & pepper shaker set (guessing circa mid-1950s) belonged to my grandmother at one point in time. She gave them to my mother who had stashed them away in her hope chest. I received them when Mom gave me her hope chest and all its contents about 17 years ago.

Aren't they just too cute for words?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

They are precious, I love the sly look of the male siamese! How lucky you are to receive a Hope Chest with generations of goodies, all things to cherish I'm sure.

You aren't thrift challenged, you have a good eye for things--you just don't have patience to dig! LOL Come with me one day and we'll go on an adventure together! Cameron antique show is coming up...hopefully it will warm up by then but that would be a good place to dive in to the belly of the thrift world!! :)

lucy

4/8/07, 10:49 PM  
Blogger Handi Dandi Mandi said...

I love the kitties! they're phenomenal! I have a cat myself that belonged to my great-grandmother. Similar look with funky blue faux gemstone eyes! I'll have to photograph it now to share!

4/10/07, 12:43 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

those are fabulous!

4/10/07, 7:25 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Congratulations! I read about your work award on Lucy's blog. That's wonderful!

I finally mailed your swap package yesterday. I tried to keep to the rules and the $20 maximum, so I hope you don't think it's not enough. I always have swap inferiority complex after seeing how much other people send.:(

Have a good weekend!

4/27/07, 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger