Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Fool for Orchids

It's been another productive weekend all around...even if I only did half of the "housekeeping" items on my list. At least the big jobs are done. We've got company coming to visit in a week and a half so I'm just scurrying all around the house in preparation.

That's not to say that I haven't taken a few moments to be creative! I sat down to play with my very favorite flowers...orchids! I never paid much attention to orchids until about a year or so ago. Didn't care about them. Heard they were a pain to grow. Blew them off. Totally. And then my Mom bought me one. And I can't get enough of them. I now have nine. And they're fussy. And fantastic!
Obviously, it was a real hardship for me to work with silk orchids today. Here's my wee little orchid arrangement in a thrifted lotus bowl. Okay, maybe it's not so little. It stands about a foot tall!


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Gorgeous! I love orchids but I have a brown thumb. Silk woudl probably be good for me.

8/20/07, 11:36 PM  
Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

If that lady could see that lotus bowl now that gave it up!! :)

Love your design, the mushroom in the back adds a neat element to the arrangement!

8/28/07, 8:01 PM  
Blogger Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, that is a gorgeous arrangement!

I admire people who can grow things--I used to have a semi-green thumb! Back in the old days before kids and Etsy and Flickr and Blogland...... LOL

Smiles, Karen

9/26/07, 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger