Thursday, November 16, 2006

Runs with Scissors

(stay inside the lines...the lines are our friends...yeah, right! MU-WA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

After being recently admonished about any further forays into Michaels, my evil other self set out to find a way to get more stuff without visiting my usual haunts!

Result? Having chewed through my restraints, I ventured into a local quilting store (The Whole Nine Yards) and came home with a new project. Mind you, I don't quilt. I barely sew. Well, I can sew...but can I sew well? Yes, but only when the sewing machine cooperates and doesn't jam up after the first 4 inches or so. I am famous for jamming the machine and haven't a clue how it happens.

Anyway....look at the ADORABLE kitty fabric I found and a pattern for a zippered tote-style handbag!!! The fabric in the upper right (which is actually a burnt orange color) is the base fabric for the bag...the beige fabric with kitty motif is the liner...the blue stripey stuff will be the handles...and the big kitties will end up pieced on the outside of the bag as the pockets. (am I a loony, or what?? as if i'll ever find time to make this...)

In other news, the crafting area is almost completely tidied and ready for use. I rechristened it "the Studio" in the hope that it might inspire me to use it more often. I've been so wrapped up in my organizational projects that I have ignored the fun stuff. One step at a time I guess...we have to walk before we can run....and I wanna run WITH scissors!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww.....I see you've found away around my rule..LOL

The fabric is adorable, can't wait to see the finished product!

I've never been in that store, where is it??? Oh nevermind, don't tell me....I think I have enough fabric. LOL

11/18/06, 9:10 AM  
Blogger Shirlee said...

Who knew that quilting stores sold patterns. I don't quilt either but ventured into one in search of some fabric. That was an expensive visit. The fabric and pattern I bought are still in the bag. It's been like...3 months.

11/21/06, 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger