Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Radical Move!

Greetings to anyone who still stops by this blog!
Obviously it's been a light-year since I last posted here. I simply got tired. Tired. Of. Life. In. General. But there's a funny thing about "ennui": after awhile you can't stand it anymore and crazy things start happening.

For starters, I quit smoking. Yep, after 25 years of puffing my life away I got some sense and dragged my stinky nicotine smelling self off to a hypnotist and took care of the problem once and for all. It's been 6 months since I quit and I haven't had any urge at all to smoke. Yippeeeeee!!!!
And good riddance to it!!!!!

Then, as my GI cousin so adeptly put it, I gave my job at the bank the "one-fingered salute." Yes indeed, I quit. After 15 years I left a good paying job with great benefits to open my own retail shop!!!!! Wow. Am I nuts? Probably. In this economy? Yep. Go figure! Anyway, I've been wanting to do just that for ages and I finally followed my dream and opened my shop on Nov 22nd. It is called 'Twas Brillig. I make customized floral designs, handcrafted jewelry and many other nifty things. I know I'm biased but my shop is really stinkin' cute!!!!

In the meantime, I am going to deep six "Imaginary Fronds." Look for a new blog very soon showcasing my adventures in small business ownership and all matters handcrafted!

Until then.....beware the Jub-jub bird and the frumious bandersnatch!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger